Online bidding sites are a fun and exciting way of winning and purchasing Products. Our intention is that MadBid.com provides a positive customer experience. To this end, we encourage our Users to bid responsibly at all times.
Risk Of Addiction
At MadBid, we understand that there is a risk, albeit a remote one, that taking part in time-critical Auctions may lead to addictive behavior, and indeed personal and social distress. This can occur if a User spends an excessive amount of time on the site, reducing the time he spends with family and friends. In this regard, MadBid assumes a responsibility to provide the following relevant information to ensure that bidding on any Auction contributes to a User's experience in a positive way.
Please take the time to observe the following guidelines:
- Take regular breaks between bidding activities. Use the Autobid feature rather than concentrating on beating the timer.
- Decide on a monthly budget in advance as your own personal limit for use on the MadBid site. Do not increase the maximum limit later on.
- Before you start participating in any auction, decide the number of MadBid Credits you are willing to bid with, or determine a maximum price for the auction, after which you will stop bidding.
- Never participate under the influence of alcohol or medication or if you are in a depressive mood.
- Bid manually only when you are alert, fully rested and concentrating.